Junk Removal Driver
Requisition #: 1006
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Employment Type: Full-time / Part-time
Other Possible Location: N/A
Job Schedule: Weekdays & Weekends
Job Shift: Weekend hours plus some weekday afterhours required
Pay: $12-15 Hourly plus Bonus
Recycling Crew, Inc. is a specialized waste management company. Hauling, separation, and donation of goods and recyclables are major activities of the organization.
Our Junk Removal department is in need of drivers responsible for collection, removal, cleanup, hauling, transportation, sorting, drop-off and unloading or dumping of Junk from residential, commercial and governmental facilities. These material include and are not limited to minor construction debris, miscellaneous equipment, furniture and appliances, etc. This physically strenuous position involves mounting and dismounting commercial vehicles numerous times each day other related duties at the facility including operating machinery such as shredders. This position does NOT require a CDL (Commercial Driver License).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Routes may require Drivers to navigate through congested communities and confined or tight areas in city and suburban locations. Backing skills are essential as a large percentage of the time spent servicing customers is done driving in reverse. Our drivers routinely climb in and out of the commercial vehicles to provide services to customer, load, smooth loads, and secure load or secure tarps for transport.
• In addition, the position involves lifting (up to 100 pounds), pushing, pulling, and bending. Note: The level of physical labor may vary from time to time and in some cases may be greater or lesser than mentioned here. Our drivers must communicate professionally with customers and dispatch at all times, and comply with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
• Required work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed and may require weekend and/or holiday work. Work hours will vary by jobs each day and may require overtime to complete from time to time. Drivers must be able to read and understand a map, complete daily driver logs as well as pre and post trip vehicle inspections. This position will require you to work in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions.
• Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
• Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Completely dumps all material and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Completes and submits customer tickets when excess material must be removed.
• Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
This job may include some supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Required: High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Required: At least 3 years of previous driving experience operating a commercial vehicle within the past 7 years
• Preferred: Previous Logistics, Waste Management or Junk Removal Experiences
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Must be at least 21 years of age or older
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
• Clean driving record
• Successfully complete an acceptable Background Screening Check
(previous employment, criminal history)
• Successfully complete an acceptable Drug Screening Test (prior to employment and periodically during employment)
• Must sign Non-Compete & Non-Disclosure Agreement
• Must have 3 verifiable professional references
• Must perform Periodic Drug Screening Testing
• Must follow the company’s dress code and uniform policy
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports, records or mobile electronic devices.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, using electronic mobile devices, etc.) most of the work day
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day
Recycling Crew, Inc. employment benefits for full-time employees include paid health and dental insurance, short-term, long-term, life insurance, paid time-off and sick days, and 401(k)